Information we collect
We collect information for statistical purposes and for our mailing list. We do so in the following ways:
- Information you give us:
- Our forums collect information when you register and/or make a post. You can read more here.
- When you enter your e-mail address to subscribe to our mailing list, we store it in our database.
- When you enter your e-mail address to get a download key, and untick the “subscribe” checkbox, we store the domain name of your e-mail address for statistical purposes. That is, only the text after the @ symbol is stored. When you download a file using that key, we record which file you downloaded along with your e-mail address domain name.
- Information we get from your use of our services:
- Like every website out there, we track page loads. This is done automatically by our content management system (WordPress) and forum (phpBB).
How we use information we collect
When you subscribe to our mailing list, we will occasionally send e-mails to notify you of updates within the project, for instance when a new release becomes available. When you unsubscribe, your e-mail address will be permanently removed from our database.
We will never share personally identifiable information with third parties. However, we may share anonymised statistics, for instance to list the number of downloads or the number of universities reached.