[4.1] Vivado 2016.3 Error - Missing mem_init_pkg.vhd

Ask questions or leave feedback about release 4.x here.
apegos

[4.1] Vivado 2016.3 Error - Missing mem_init_pkg.vhd

Post by apegos » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:21 pm

Hello, my name is Thanos. When I tried to load <root>/rvex-release-4.1/platform/vc707-standalone/vivado/standalone.xpr in Vivado 2016.3, I got an error that said: [Project 1-311] Could not find the file '/home/apegos/Downloads/rvex-release-4.1/platform/vc707-standalone/design/mem_init_pkg.vhd', nor could it be found using path '/data/rvex-rewrite-releasemods/platform/vc707-standalone/design/mem_init_pkg.vhd'. I tried to run all tests and everything worked fine. Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix this error? Thank you very much.

jvanstraten

Re: [4.1] Vivado 2016.3 Error - Missing mem_init_pkg.vhd

Post by jvanstraten » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:02 am

That file contains the initial contents of the memories that the r-VEX is connected to when running synthesis, or the to-be-simulated program when simulating. It's generated by the makefile when you compile something. If you run "make compile-nothing" the makefile will generate an empty memory initialization file for you, which will put the project into the state you were probably expecting it to be in out of the box. You can alternatively replace "nothing" with a program to give the r-VEX something to do just after configuration; just run "make" without an argument to get a list of programs it knows about.

Let me know if you run into any more problems!

apegos

Re: [4.1] Vivado 2016.3 Error - Missing mem_init_pkg.vhd

Post by apegos » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:12 am

jvanstraten thank you very much. I run "make compile-nothing" and the error disappeared.